Storyblue 1.2.5 released.

Hey all, a minor update to fix some issues with the program. Here are the release notes:

• FIXED: Bug exporting notes to HTML
  • FIXED: RTF/PDF export error with default chapter text
  • Lengthened trial nag timer
  • Force .storyblue extension when saving files

I’m prototyping a note board layout for arranging scenes within chapters. Goal is to see the scene cards in a more index card like way, let you drag them around as necessary. Hopefully it’ll make it to the next release!

Thanks everyone — let me know (taylor@manythingsblue.com) if you have any questions, or see any problems after updating.

Get Storyblue 1.2.5 here!

12 Responses to “Storyblue 1.2.5 released.”

1. Lemelle says:

Will there be a portable version released?

2. Taylor says:

I’ll have to look into how to make this portable — Storyblue stores its data in the User Application Data folder; to be portable (as in, able to run off a thumb drive or similar), need to store everything in the application folder. Possible, have to look into it further. So no immediate plan, but I’ll keep it in mind for a future version.

3. Holly says:

For some reason, after this update the word count is not updating correctly, at least for scenes.

4. Taylor says:

Hi Holly,

I’m still seeing word counts updating in 1.2.5 — make sure to save before re-checking the goals tab; Storyblue updates the word counts when you save, for performance reasons (so it’s not constantly recounting).

Send me an email at taylor@manythingsblue.com if it still isn’t working for you, and I’ll check it out further. :)

5. Bruce says:

Hi Taylor,

How do I uninstall it?

6. Taylor says:

Hi Bruce,

On Windows, you can go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall it through there.

For a Mac, Storyblue installs to the Applications folder; you can remove it by dragging it from there to the trash. It keeps your settings and word counts in a database file under ~/Library/Preferences/Storyblue.x

Hope that helps :). Let me know if you have any other questions — taylor@manythingsblue.com.

7. Ioanna says:

Hi All, I was writing in StoryBlue but hadn’t saved any file yet as I was busy with the details of first scene and the characters. Then my computer crashed. The file I was working on was saved as _db file. I tried to open it through wordpad but it comes out with hieroglyphics. Is there any way to rescue the file? Thank you very much in advance

8. Taylor says:

Unfortunately, Storyblue doesn’t start auto-saving until you’ve saved at least once :(. Sorry for the lost work, I know that’s a pain. Let me know if you have any more questions! (taylor@manythingsblue.com is the fastest way to reach me :))

9. Dimitris says:

hello i have already buy this product about over a year but now when i try to open, dont run. what can i do? (windows XP) thank you
    Dimitris

10. Taylor says:

Hi Dimitris,

It should run fine on Windows XP — make sure you have the latest version of Adobe AIR installed (http://get.adobe.com/air/). If that still doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling Storyblue.

Send me an email if you have questions or that doesn’t work — taylor@manythingsblue.com.

Thanks!

11. Dimitris says:

Hello thank you for your reply. Its ok now, running! :) I want to ask you if there is any way to write in greek and storyblue count the word (in “info” and “goals”) and display in the right way my story in the pdf format and no in “Chinese” :)

12. Taylor says:

Glad it’s running :). Hmm, I don’t think the PDF library I’m using supports greek… I’d have to test it. You might have to export to RTF/Word and then export a PDF from there. Do you have Microsoft Word or OpenOffice?